2011 Mustang 5.0L Vortech Supercharger Kit
The Mustang GT 5.0 has been getting a lot of praise from automotive critics, including securing a spot on Car and Drivers coveted Ten Best list. CEO Alan Mulally has lead the auto maker to make huge strides in improving vehicle quality and performance. Nowhere is this improvement more evident than in Ford's ubiquitous pony car, the 5.0L Mustang. The Mustang GT produces 412 horsepower and 390 lb ft of torque, not bad for a vehicle that weights around just 3,600 pounds. Just imagine how fast the new GT could be with a supercharger. It just so happens that Vortech's latest supercharger release is for the new 2011 Ford Mustang 5.0L.
Mustang 5.0L Vortech Supercharger
Lets get to the important part first, how much power can the Vortech V-3 Si-Trim centrifugal supercharger with air-to-air charge cooler add to the 2011 Mustang GT? Based on Vortech's own dyno numbers a stock 5.0 should be able to achieve 605 engine horsepower and 473 lb/ft engine torque at 7.5-8.5 PSI! Whats more, tuner kits are capable of up to 775 horsepower on modified vehicles and if that's not enough the V-1 T-Trim and the V-7 JT-Trim superchargers can produce up to 825 HP and 1000 HP respectively. The complete kit is able to produce 78% adiabatic efficiency. The complete system comes with everything you need to install the kit yourself in 8-10 hours. The kit includes a V-3 Si-trim compressor with 3.60” drive pulley, SCT programmer, air to air intercooler, fuel rail spacers, high flow fuel injectors, intake with K&N air filter, supercharger mounting assembly and all hardware. The air to air intercooler on this system is massive and looks amazing. California residents, please note that these superchargers have not been granted a certification by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
Complete System Specifications
- V-3 Si-trim compressor with 3.60” drive pulley
- Manifold boost pressure: 7.5-8.5 psig @ redline on stock engine
- Supplied SCT programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Vortech calibration for 91-octane fuel.
- Fuel system upgrade includes fuel rail spacers and high flow replacement fuel injectors
- Air inlet assembly includes:
- High-flow roto-molded ducting. Mates to OEM airbox and some aftermarket “CAI” MAF/inlet assemblies
- OEM replacement K&N panel filter
- Silicone sleeves and reducers
- Stainless steel clamps
- PCV and breather hose provisions for both automatic and manual transmission applications
- Replacement engine coolant pipe and hose assemblies
- Engine coolant reservoir replacement assembly
- Billet aluminum and steel supercharger mounting bracket assembly includes idlers, drive belt and all hardware. Mount features multiple position idler location for a wide range of belt and pulley fits.
- Discharge components include:
- Welded air/air charge cooler. 24”L x 13”T x 3.5” cooler core.
- Mandrel bent 3” aluminum charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight
- Stainless steel clamps
- Silicone sleeves
- 98mm I.D. MAF housing configured for “blow-through” use. Integrated air-straightener upstream of the MAF housing.
- Vortech Maxflow Race Bypass Valve with filter